Followers

13 Feb 2012

Bottle full of hopes and dreams....

See below for the step by step goodness:

Hi all

well been busy busy. Got my new bathroom done whoop whoop. Roll top makes me feel like a princess! Finally got rid of the layer of dust all over the house. Also been getting my new studio set up and oh it is looking great. All shabby and cosy. Can't wait for my opening class on the 1st March - Altered mirrors using fresco paints. Ali is going to do the class as I will be very nervous. But it is all go from there with some fab classes to come. So very excited!!!!

Well my bottle of hopes and dreams are fab. I bought some small bottles to alter. I have done it step by step and hope you love as much as I enjoyed doing them.
The first is named "bottle of hopes and dreams"

This is the start image of all three bottles



step 2:
my bottle to work on first: I chose this one as I loved the brown distressed paper on the front so I left it on and thought distressed!



Step 3: I added a leather cord that I plated. Some lovely lace and a bull clip distressed with alcohol inks.



Step 4: I filled the bottle with Tim holtz tickets with the words Hope, Dreams and many more. Inked and distressed. Then I added an embellishment holder and a clock face for the steampunk look.


Step 5: I than added some ribbon, a cog and a fab butterfly I found in a charity shop. It is to represent flying away to catch your hopes and dreams.



Finished Bottle:



I hope you all love it as much as I had fun making it. I will put the others on soon.
Love and bugsxxxxxxxxxxx

2 comments:

  1. Love the bottle and the butterfly looks gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fab Andrea - love the bottle and the whole idea of a bottle containing your hopes and dreams etc and as for the butterfly - amazing. I just love your way of thinking, your colours everything xxx

    ReplyDelete